“All leaders are learners. The moment you stop learning, you stop leading. I learn as much as I can, from as many as I can, as often as I can.”
In the various roles I’ve worked in, serving different organizations, there is one truth always stands out: leaders are learners.
In whatever you are doing, you need to constantly be pushing yourself to learn more about the area you find yourself in. The more you learn about a topic, the better you can lead or guide someone else in that same area. The second you stop learning, you stop growing and your effectiveness will exponentially begin to decrease.
This is true of business or leading an organization or of teaching.
And so, as we are starting this new endeavor in our school, providing resources for our Apple One-to-One program, I thought it would be beneficial to share the sources I use to learn all that I can about Apple technologies and devices. These are sites and shows that I subscribe to and ingest daily or weekly so that I can stay on top of what is happening in the world of technology as it relates to Apple.
I hope that if you also utilize these resources, it might help you to become a better teacher in how you personally use and instruct our students with their Macs and iPads.
- MacBreak Weekly (Audio or Video) – A weekly roundtable discussion on the latest Apple news, rumors, and developments.
- iOS Today (Audio or Video) – A weekly look at useful apps, tips, and tricks for your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
- Apple Talk (Audio) – A conversation about Apple and things surrounding the Apple ecosystem.
- iMore – Tips and tutorials on how to use your Apple stuff as well as the things that connect to your Apple stuff.
- Apple Insider – The latest news on Apple’s business plus articles from the rumor mill.
- MacRumors – More of the latest news on Apple’s business plus articles from the rumor mill.
- The Verge – News and editorials about the world of Apple.
- Apple Education on iBooks – Free books, guides, and manuals created by Apple on a variety of apps and topics for both the Mac and the iPad.